Sunday, 18 May 2014

Tour du Burundi Day 1

So, day 1 is complete! Wow, what an amazing day full of fantastic scenery, extremely hot weather and getting to know new people. I have never embarked on anything quite so physically challenging, but I am so glad I did (I may not be saying this after day 2)

Today we covered 76.1 miles, I never expected I could have managed this in one day but I made it, and looking forward to tomorrow's ride. If you follow Strava and want to look at my ride stats then here is the link;

We cycled around Lake Tanganyika and have found ourselves at this stunning hotel on the shores of the lake.

I won't say too much today as I am tired and I don't think this is making too much sense! A couple of us have long standing back injuries so your prayers of strength there would be appreciated.

21 of the 22 riders made the ride today with the exception of Simon's Dad, David Guillebaud. David has been training for this ride for a while, and is 67 years old although he doesn't look it. He has been ill for the last few days so could not complete day 1. Please pray for him too.

If you would like to donate to us in support of this ride, it's not too late! You can visit www.justgiving.com/faulknersinafrica or see our website to find out why we are all putting ourselves through this at: www.faulknersinafrica.co.uk

Thanks for your continued support, and I will aim to do another short update tomorrow

Andy


No comments:

Post a Comment