Thursday, 5 December 2013

Equipping and crazy driving.....

Hello lovely people,

It is the female half of the Faulknersinafrica here.....Hannah. I just had to write to encourage you that because of so many people believing in what we plan to do and praying for us, encouraging us and donating to the cause, things are really happening!!!

Firstly, if you look below at the first picture.....due to the design and labour of Andy and his dad a cabinet that will be fitted to the inside of the Lina Medical Health Services ambulance has been made with their bare hands! I'm so excited about labelling each draw and putting relevant medical supplies in. The best bit is that once the cabinet is secured to the wall of the ambulance there will be a lockable shutter opening device on both sides of the cabinet so that medical drugs can be accessed from the inside and outside of the ambulance. Meaning we can hopefully do outreach immunisation clinics in the Slum, protecting more young children against the dangerous diseases they get exposed to.


want to say a massive thank you to Evo Design in Poole, who were instrumental in assisting Andy in being able to afford the best quality materials for building the cabinet. Not only did he let us have the specially covered wood at 'cost' he also cut all the panels to size for free. They wanted to play their part in blessing the people in a Kenya, particularly those in the Kware Slum. In addition to this Andy happened to meet Daryl at Evo Designs, a regular attender at St. Thomas' Church, Fair Oak, where my parents are actively involved. Daryl was the only other person at Evo Design that morning and when he realised the connection between my parents and us and that we were going to help with Lina Medical Health Services he offered to tint to ambulance windows at 'cost' too. God is just bringing wonderful people across our path who are capturing the vision and playing their part.

We have managed to purchase other pieces of equipment with the generous private donations, among these things are a portable suction unit, tympanic temperature probes, a blood pressure monitor, a pulse oximeter and a fold down paramedic seat! Thank you to all those donating.......you are making this happen, you are helping us carry this dream and in turn change lives! (If you want to donate please just make contact with us, but if you can't then all we ask is for country changing prayers!) A contact from Soul Survivor (Jo Kirkaldy) has also donated an SP Services kit bag for us to use in the ambulance - what a blessing!

When God first called me to this destiny I never imagined that going to Burundi and Nairobi would be a possibility, let alone that in the space of a year Jesus would provide me with a wonderful God fearing husband who is taking the vision to new heights. My Dad always told me when you meet the right man you will know, because he will love Jesus and he will pursue you until it annoys you, then when he has your attention/affection and love he will marry you and then everything God has shown you he will take, running with the baton, taking it further than you imagined it could go........well, here we are! I am learning to live a a God life is to be open-hearted and never to plan your life beyond 3 months and even then it may change! Life is not always easy, but one thing I can promise, is that a life with God is never boring!

On that note please pray for Josh and Nadine Guenther who are the Canadian Couple we will be working closely with at Shammah Medical Clinic in Gitega, Burundi. They are so inspiring. They have been out in Burundi for almost a year and after lots of political issues are finally going to be able to open the clinic in Jan/Feb 2014. They need prayer that all challenges they may meet will be won and that they will be protected as they start to purchase equipment and hire staff. To find out more about what they are doing in a Burundi visit their blog too at joshandnadineinburundi.com. We are so excited about the privilege of helping them to get Medical care established in Gitega and give the many orphans they look after the chance of a hopeful future.

Finally, I want to share our goings on of this week....as those of you who know me well know I could talk for England, so this is where I will conclude. The second picture below sums up where we have been. We attended the Land Rover Experience Half Day in Devon. This was fantastic, because I never in my wildest dreams imagined that I would be behind the wheel of a Land Rover driving down almost vertical hills and driving with the car virtually on its side, however I am grateful to Terry Cooper from SV Lights for arranging this experience to Andy and I for free. This is largely because I now feel confident driving the Land Rover we are converting to use in Nairobi. Andy was obviously very good at the experience, but I'm sure our instructor James said I was the best - he, he! It was an experience that brought Andy and I closer together and made us feel like Africa is getting ever closer!

Well, I will stop talking now, but we hope this blog inspires you to get involved in any way you can!

God Bless,

Hannah :)





No comments:

Post a Comment